Achieving Incredible Things
If working at extreme heights and conditions excites you or if building and maintaining the backbone of the world economy gives you a sense of purpose, then Excel Creative Network is your place to prosper in the industrial construction industry.
With years of history and top experience in its tool belt, ECN provides the opportunity to work alongside nationally renowned industry experts as you develop into one. We are seeking to invest in individuals dedicated to excellence who aren’t looking for just a job, but to make a difference with their careers.
ECN’s Recruiters also regularly attend College Job Fairs throughout Nigeria.
We are regularly seeking professional candidates in petrochemical processing construction and engineering, power plant constructions and engineering, HRSG, FCC turnarounds, construction project managers, riggers and rigging engineers, oil and gas terminal construction and engineering and many more.
We are waiting to hear from you.
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
- Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical & electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures using hand tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning system, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures using testing devices to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Knowledgeable in Autocad Design
- Knowledgeable in Electrical design
- Knowledgeable in solar system design and installation
- Ability to interpret Electrical drawings very well
- Experience in Automation and Instrumentation
- Must be a goal getter
- Good communication Skills
- Experience in CCTV, Electric fence, fire alarms, intercom etc design and installation
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft office (word, Excel MS project mgt.)
- Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment
- B.Sc/B.ENG/HND in Electrical Electronics
- Experience: 0-4 years relevant experience.
- Age: 25-35 years.
Application Closing Date: 28/02/2017
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should forward their CV’s to: email@example.com use the position as the subject title.
- Executing plans of electrical wiring for well functioning lighting, intercom and other electrical systems
- Installing electrical apparatus, fixtures and equipment for alarm and other systems
- Installing safety and distribution components
We are looking for an experienced Electrician to undertake a variety of tasks relating to setting up and maintaining electrical infrastructure. Your job will involve installing electrical wiring in buildings and poles, troubleshooting malfunctions and blackouts and repairing appliances.
Due to the high amount of risk pertaining to this job, electricians must be first and foremost responsible individuals with great attention to safety precautions. The ideal candidate must also be experienced in different kinds of electrical devices and systems.
The goal will be to produce and maintain well functioning electrical connections to minimize the probability of accidents and maximize usability of electricity in all facilities.
- Execute plans of electrical wiring for well functioning lighting, intercom and other electrical systems
- Install electrical apparatus, fixtures and equipment for alarm and other systems
- Install safety and distribution components (e.g. switches, resistors, circuit-breaker panels etc.)
- Connect wiring in electrical circuits and networks ensuring compatibility of components
- Prepare and assemble conduits and connect wiring through them
- Prevent breakdown of systems by routinely inspecting and replacing old wiring and insulated cables, cleaning circuits etc.
- Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units
- Proven experience as an electrician
- Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter etc.) and electrical drawings and blueprints
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Excellent physical condition and flexibility to work long shifts and overnight
- Diploma in relevant vocational training or successfully completed apprenticeship as an electrician
Basic Job Description:
Install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes. May install or service street lights, intercom systems, or electrical control systems.
Job Duties and Tasks for: “Electrician”
1) Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
2) Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
3) Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
4) Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
5) Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
6) Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
7) Maintain current electrician’s license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
8) Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
9) Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
11) Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
12) Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
13) Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
14) Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
15) Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
16) Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
17) Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
18) Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
19) Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
20) Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
21) Provide assistance during emergencies by operating floodlights and generators, placing flares, and driving needed vehicles.
Industrial Electrician Job Description
- Responsible for operating, changing over, setting, repairing, and improving on fillers; packaging equipment, combining equipment, and providing support for the workings of auxiliary equipment
- Maintain logs, and record labor, materials, and equipment used
- Responsible for calibrating and checking instruments
- Respond quickly to emergency situations
- Abreast of the utilization of every tool, which may include drills, mechanical saws, sanders, and buffers
- Perform routine maintenance on production equipment, and perform repair on them when necessary
- Wire machines and electrical panels in line with prints
- Weld or operate a miller
- Assemble gas circuits from prints
- Light machining
- Troubleshooting: identify a problem and proffer logical solutions to them.
- Browse blueprints and lots of schematics, and use an array of tools and diagnostic devices to service and install electrical components.
- Must have up to 3 years experience as an electrician working in an industrial environment
- Must have expertise with PLC Controls
- Excellent understanding of safety rules in an industrial setting
- Must be familiar with industrial and electrical laws
- Must be able to work late hours and overnight, and should be able to work weekends as well
- Strong mechanical, analytical, and solution driven skills
- Excellent communication ability
- Experience in Automation, conveyors, and artificial intelligence expertise
- Possess state certification or equivalent qualification or license
- Possess strong electrical and mechanical abilities
- Must be able to use basic tools and machinery
- Ability to schedule and balance priorities; and possess a strong adherence to deadlines
- Awareness of operational machinery problems in short proximity
- Strong ability to read measure devices and blueprints
- Strong understanding of PLC controls
- Customer Service: ability to relate with and work with several people irrespective of their background
- Critical Thinking: once a problem is identified, industrial electricians should be able to deal with it critically.
*Competitive salary and bonus pay structure.